Find
Notify
Tools

Lynx-Line Blue Black
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted
Im getting ready to setup a caustic bluing system in my shop. Thought it would be a nice option to have instead of my usual rust bluing. I have seen several rifles blued by Lynx Line but I cannot find any information on them. I know they used to advertise in Gun Digest and American Rifleman. Anyone have any old copies that can provide me with an address and phone number?

I like a blue-black tint to my bluing. Most caustic "blues" I have seen recently are jet black. Im hoping these guys will share their secret to the blue color. Thanks for any info.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, I just found it in an old Gun Digest book like you suggested. Box 3985 Detroit, Mich. 48227. This was in Home Gunsmithing 1970. Good luck.

Chic

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Chic,

Thanks....on the phone with them now. They moved to Mountain Grove, Missouri and are under the name Williams. They have salts and Im buying.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote