New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any photos of Conetrol mounts?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm considering a pair of conetrols as they appear to be the only maker of truly low mounts for the BRNO dovetail.

It's hard to see how they look (and looks count!) from the website, they are very rare over here to see in the flesh

If anyone can post some photos of them I would be very grateful.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Here's medium height on a small ring Mauser. I've also used the low rings on a Brno ZKK600, look good and set low.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
fla3006

Thank you for the picture Smiler

What your opinion of conetrol mounts, fit quality and finish??

Are conetrol mounts for ZKK 600 detachable or fixed.

Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Johan, they are very high quality but they are not easily detachable, in fact they are sorta tricky to mount because the rings are split horizontally at the top in 3 pieces. The bases dovetail on to the Brno dovetail. I machined mine to fit the dovetail perfectly and they looked very nice. Gentry also makes nice rings that are easier to mount on the scope (they bend around the tube and are not split) and will fit Conetrol bases. I like Warnes best for Brnos but they do set higher than the low Conetrol rings.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
get the conetrol bases and gentry rings - they look as good and have fewer parts.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
posted Hide Post
I really like the conetrol mounts and rings. I paid a little more and got the sculptured bases that are fluted and lighter. The rings are sort of a pain, but I refuse to buy from guys that steal the patterns and put stuff out as their own instead of paying for the rights to use them.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote