New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lt20 Model 1100 Remington
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I bought this for my wife back when we first started hunting and had the stock shortened.

I had put a speed feed stock on it for one of the kids years ago and it has a LoP of 14"

I was going to order a replacement stock but wonder if they are 14' too.

Does anyone know what the original length of pull was on this old 20? It is not listed in the old Remington manual. serial m8820--k

Hate to buy a new stock only to find it has a LoP of 14" too. Smiler
This is a farm gun and I need closer to a 15" Lop for me. Doves were attacking badly and with the season opening LD I figure this gun will fend them off quite well if I can get enough stock length.

Thanks,

JIm

Posts: 229 | Location: Spring/Marble Falls , Texas | Registered: 08 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure original LOP was 14 1/4"

Posts: 238 | Location: NY | Registered: 10 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Buy the standard stock and have a recoil pad added to extend it to 15".

That is a great dove gun, by the way!

Clemson

NRA Endowment Member
US Army Veteran
CWP Holder
Gunsmith

Posts: 338 | Location: Greenwood, SC | Registered: 06 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So a 14" length is a kids length if the Speed feed stock is 14 inches LoP with the pad?

Posts: 229 | Location: Spring/Marble Falls , Texas | Registered: 08 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Remington stocks Youth Guns 1 inch shorter than standard. Standard length of pull is somewhere around 14 1/4 to 14 1/2 inches.

I have no notion about "speed feed" stocks.

Clemson

NRA Endowment Member
US Army Veteran
CWP Holder
Gunsmith

Posts: 338 | Location: Greenwood, SC | Registered: 06 February 2004Reply With Quote