THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5-270, I just stumbled across one for sale.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
All,
I stumbled across a 6.5-270 built on a Springfield Action. Built in the late 50's. The barrel looks good on the inside. Pretty decent trigger. Old Herters muzzle brake on it. I am pretty sure about when it was made since the old gunsmith that built it died in the early 60's. Anyhow, it's in pretty good wood but overall in great shape. The guy who has it is wanting $450 for it. He has the chamber reamer and the reloading dies for it as well. My questions are

1. Good value at $450.
2. Much if any difference between the 6.5-06?

The most appealing thing to it is the 6.5 bullet. Past that, the 270 case would not fit into my other 06's. I currently load for a couple of different 30-06's, 280's, and 25-06's. My concern is simply confusing them all. Ya'll's thoughts would be appreciated. Still kinda want a 6.5-284 Norma.

Cheers,
Jason

Posts: 98 | Location: Plano, TX | Registered: 16 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Too much money the reamer is worthless to you unless you have a buyer for it the dies are good price them out and see what they would cost you. I brought to sporterize 98s with scopes for 200 each drilled tapped bolts bent timmey triggers mounts ect. Unless its a famous maker they don't have the resale value.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The 270 is slighlty longer than the .30-06 necked down to 27 caliber, overall powder increase would be minimal tho. For $450 I would consider the quality and the shpae of the gun before I bought it, if it sounds intresting to you and lokks good, I say go for it.

Posts: 593 | Location: My computer. | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote