Notify
Tools

Information On 60's Gunmaker
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of cordell
posted
Hello All,
I am trying to locate any information on a gunsmith named Neal Largent. I am told he was a 60's vintage gunsmith of some renown but I can't find anything on him. This information could be in error and he could be a current gunsmith. Any thoughts or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and God bless.

cordell

Posts: 336 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 09 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I suspect you're refering to Nels Largent, and the last I saw of him, he was operating in Boise, Idaho in the basement of a brick brothell. This was in the late '70's. Nels was excellent at the trade. ~Arctic~

A stranger is a friend we haven't met

Posts: 277 | Location: Yellowknife, NWT, Canada | Registered: 13 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that's brick two-story brothel to you pal! Nels originally got an SBA loan to build the building and buy some equipment, then the demand for his work tanked, and he had to rent out the top to a couple of hookers about two years later. It was quite the place to visit...truly a one-stop shopping experience there. I heard the girls were quite good at their trade as well.

Rich
DRSS
NRA Life Member

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cordell
posted Hide Post
Artic, and Idaho Sharpshooter,
Sorry I am so late in responding but apparently the notification feature just wasn't working on this subject. You are probably correct with the spelling of Mr Largents name, it was listed as Neal but was probably a typo. Thanks for the input and God bless.

cordell

Posts: 336 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 09 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Now that's my kind of gunsmithing shop, multiple choice of the type of screwing you want. clap

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Did he ever get out of the hole?
Pete

"Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live."

Posts: 403 | Location: Emeryville, CA | Registered: 24 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of olcrip
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Mr Largent could help you get your gun off in more ways than one. Get your gun and your pipes cleaned at the same time?

Olcrip,
Nuclear Grade UBC Ret.
NRA Life Member, December 2009

Politicians should wear Nascar Driver's jump suites so we can tell who their corporate sponsers are!

Posts: 1800 | Location: River City, USA. East of the Mississippi | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote