THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Installing or removing sights and other dove-tailed parts

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Installing or removing sights and other dove-tailed parts
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted
I tried once before someplace else to get the correct answer on this and got different answers and yes even the inevitable . . . answers to question I did NOT ask.

IF one is standing behind a firearm with the barrel pointing away from them, should sights or other dove-tailed parts be driven in from the right to left or left to right ( persons right and left facing the same way the barrel is pointing)? ?

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4243 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I machine dovetails I always machine it so the leading edge of the sight enters from the right hand side of the gun as you are looking down it. Unless otherwise specified, I install and remove everything to and from the right.

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if that is how CZ sights are taken out ,,,,, By drifting to the right ????

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Malm and I had the same class on that one...

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Thanx Malm and 308Sako

I had the same class but then someone said just the opposite and I got to doubting myself.

Rolling block is sighted in mos so will have to stay as it is until season closes next week, then a major overhaul of sight location.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4243 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote