New
Find
Notify
Tools

Replacement sight hoods?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I don't use them much and apparently not many people did as all of my vintage commercial guns are missing them. The ones for Winchester are easy to find but I now own two Remington M30's sans sight hoods.

OLD GUNSIGHTS lists it as a proprietary banded ramp sight made by Remington, anyone know where I may be able to find a suitable replacement hood?

thanks,

Rob

Posts: 1688 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the posting.
I'm fixing to send an older (never fired) Rem Barrel out to have it fitted to a new Rem 700 action. The barrel has iron sights on it, with a hood over the front sight. Based on your post, I just removed the hood, so it doesn't get lost anywhere between me and the smith, and back again. Big Grin
I have no idea where to get hoods, however, I'd start the search by going to Gunparts.come to see if they have any. I've lucked out and got several parts from them that were very good, that I couldn't find anywhere else.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Glad to be of help!

If you have a minute can you use a dial caliper and measure the distance between the bottom of the hood's grooves on the ramp? Perhaps the M30 used the same hood as the M700.

thanks,

Rob

Posts: 1688 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote