New
Find
Notify
Tools

magazine dimension in 9,3 x 62
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Please, I need your knowledge. What are the internal dimension of the conversion magazine for Mauser Argentino 1909, with barrel rechambered in 9,3 x 62.- I need 4 or 5 cartridges in the magazine and with the normal dimension of 7,65 x 53, only put 3.- Sorry for my bud English. Thanks in advance. Hector

Posts: 328 | Location: San Martin de los Andes, Argentina | Registered: 01 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Hector

I have a factory Mauser Sporting rifle in 9.3x62, however its in storage so not so readily accessible.

I'll try and get it out tonight to measure for you.

Cheers

Posts: 605 | Location: Southland, New Zealand | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tentman
Thank you in advance for your effort. I wait your news. Regards.

Posts: 328 | Location: San Martin de los Andes, Argentina | Registered: 01 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well Hector the results:

Mauser Model B Sporter (Factory) in 9.3x62 - holds 5 down.
Internal mag box dimensions;
Bottom (i.e. at the floorplate) 84.0x23.2x19.2
Top 85.0x23.0x19.6
Internal depth (front and rear) 30.7, 36.0

I am not a machinist so these may not be absolute.

I have a sporter made up from a military action with a Portuguese bottom metal, it will hold 5 down in 257 Roberts or 7x57, but only 4 with 9.3 x62. Its dimensions are 84.2x22.4x18.4.

From what I have read Mauser also designed the follower specific to each cartridge, I believe there is a post somewhere here with the formula for this but I can't find it.

Hope this helps - good hunting

Foster

Posts: 605 | Location: Southland, New Zealand | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Foster
Thank you very much.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I made up a 9.3x62 on a VZ24 with a Springfield magazine. Holds five down and feeds well. Problem free solution for me, but depends on what you want as a result.

Posts: 132 | Location: Kenai Peninsula,Alaska | Registered: 31 December 2009Reply With Quote