New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Blaser parts for older model Blaser
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have an older model Blaser in the shop; the one with the rotating bolt, not the straight pull model. I need some screw for it, the ones in the bolt/action. These, from what I can tell are 4-48 low head allen cap srews 1/2" long.

Anyone got access to these and possibly an assembly schematic?

Jim

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hola Jim

The screw should be M5 ( or 5 mm ) not possibel to rework a standar metric screw ?

Daniel

Posts: 332 | Location: Cantabria Spain | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
blaser???? and here I thought you were a reputable gunsmith. I think maybe I can find you a 58 VW and you can probably use it for parts

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I looked back at this rifle, and by the way it came to me disassembled and in need of parts including a broken firing pin, and discovered it is not necessarily a 4-48 screw. It will take a #5 scre also, so now I think it is metric, which is understandable. I'll go search again.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim, did you have any luck?? If not, there is of course always the option of contacting Blaser. darren.hull@blaser.de is a wonderful contact, and has always been extremely helpful.

I have less faith in the current US importers of Blaser (SIG), they don't seem too customer oriented.

A long shot could be to contact the previous Blaser importer (you said the rifle was an older model). The only importer I know of from days past, was a company called "Autumn Sales" - somewhere in TX. It will be a while before I get home to my own appartment (and all my stuff...), but should you not be able to locate an address or link, I can look up the old address I have at home.
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, I emailed him but no reply as yet.

Jim

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437

one of us
posted Hide Post
Darren could be out of the office (for a few days), so don't loose hope. I have never had him not answer (eventually) my many questions...

Also, don't forget the time difference, depending on where in the US you are, you are somewhere between 6 and 9 (or is it 10?) hours behind Central European Time.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote