New
Find
Notify
Tools

M700 bolt face question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What existing (commonly found).30 caliber bolt face would readily adopt a rechamber to .300 H&H?

Posts: 188 | Location: Gillette, WY 82717 | Registered: 30 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
None, that I can think of! The 300 H & H is such a sharply tapered case uou can't rechamber a 300 Win Mag. You could rechamber a 30-06 but, you would have to open the bolt face and put in a new extractor, not to mention possible magazine rail alteration. As most 700 REM rifles chambered for belted cases are long actions, a 7 M/M Mag could be re-barreled for the .300 H & H with only having to alter the magazine box.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the magnum boltface in LA is what you are looking for.

Difficulty is inevitable
Misery is optional

Posts: 1496 | Location: behind the crosshairs | Registered: 01 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
You might could find a classic chambered in 300 H&H. At least I think it was chambered one year?

Shawn

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote