New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trigger adjustment
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I recently purchased a new Bushmaster Varminter model. I want to know what I can do to smooth out the trigger pull? I also have DPMS Lo pro classic and the trigger on it, although heavy, is a smooth pull. The Bushmaster just has a rough feeling. Any helpful info would be appreciated. Thanks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Your best bet would be to buy a match trigger from Bushmaster or one of the aftermarket firms to fit your rifle. They aren't cheap but will get you where you want to go. You need to know the trigger pin diameter before ordering as there are different ones.

Tinkering with stock triggers in AR15s is a scary hobby. About the time you get the trigger feeling right, the disconnector stops working. If your lucky, all that happens is the hammer follows the bolt and you end up with a single shot.

I'm sure that someone will pipe up and say that I'm all wet, and maybe I am, but that's been my experience.

Posts: 544 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you really want to enjoy the rifle and shoot it to it's potential then bite the bullet and buy a jewel trigger. You can put it in and set it up yourself and you will never regret the one time cost every time you shoot the rifle.

Posts: 1496 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
An amen to what KevinNY said.
I know some people don't like Jewel triggers but IMO you will find none better.

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Kevin & Muck. I've handled exactly one AR with a Jewell trigger and it was very nice.

Posts: 544 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kevin.....are jewel triggers really that much better($$) than a timney trigger?? I have never had or shot a rifle with a jewel trigger.

Posts: 134 | Location: Eastern,USA | Registered: 03 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got a JP aftermarket trigger for my Bushmaster ~7 years ago.

I paid $100, and it was worth at least $10.
It took many hours to install.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of kilmer
posted Hide Post
Go here:

ar15.com

Search the forums for "15 minute trigger job".

Cheap, easy, and effective.

EDIT - I just re-read your post, and you have the varminter model. I don't know how the trigger on that model differs from the standard trigger. Might not work for you.

Posts: 27 | Location: N. Utah, USA | Registered: 02 January 2003Reply With Quote