THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Anyone knows "anything" about Jager revolvers?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone knows "anything" about Jager revolvers?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted
I happen to inherited a Colt Peacemaker replica in .357 mag caliber ...

It is a JAGER, model Dakota Super Frontier
Its accuracy is just outstanding (thou I have to do my part, I am not as accurate with other handguns as I am with this)and its recoil is much less noticeable than shooting with other .357 ...

My grandfather (saddly) passed away before I even noticed the mere existence of this revolver (saddly once more) and nobody in my family appears to know anything about it ...

All I happen to know is that it is an italian replica, but ....

Can someone "enlighten" me about it ????

Thank you all in advance

BTW, this topic was posted in other forums, just to make it more noticeable .... [Wink]

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi I used to have have one in the old country.
Bought it when I was a kid and on holidays in Italy for 385,000. Lire hid it under the car and drove home crossing 2 borders,this was in the 70's
I liked it it looked like a SAA Colt much like the Uberty of today and I am sure they where made in the famous .........(forgot the name) valley in north Italy.
Not sure of the fac.still exists.

Regards Martin

Posts: 328 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jager arms were made in the north-west part of Italy, not far from Genova (Genoa). Jager company changed his name some years ago, and moved 45 km north, to Basaluzzo; his actual name is Adler. It's a small company that has a good reputation in Italy and in some european countries. I believe that they still make replicas, but they mainly buy military rifles (AK, FAL, SKS, etc) and modify them to be sold to the civilians; they sell spare parts for military and ancient guns too. Regards - Lorenzo

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote