New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun Stomped by Cows...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Ok, city boy me not being well versed in cow behavior made a mistake. After shooting my deer at 300yds and walking over to check it out and the such I decided it was easier to leave the old Wthby next to the deer then carry it back. Well, little did I know that cows go crazy when they smell blood and next thing you know they have encircled my deer and are stomping my gun into the ground.

It's at the gun smith now to have them look it over. It looks fine(except for muddy hoof prints), is there anything specific that I should make sure they check out?

Posts: 543 | Location: Belmont, MI | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Make sure you clean the cowsnot off it too, cows love to sniff things and blow snot on them afterwards!!! Just clean it and check your scope is all that should need doing.

Posts: 941 | Location: VT | Registered: 17 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of John Y Cannuck
posted Hide Post
Cow shit on a Weatherby? Roy may haunt you! Better start looking for an exorcist now!
[Big Grin]

Posts: 872 | Location: Lindsay Ontario Canada | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
well there are several things you need to do

1) attempt to load a shell
2) start randomly shooting at the cows
3) if it won't kill them use the rifle as a club and get even that way

Sounds like a crime against humanity. I thought even a cow could respect the beauty of a weatherby. Is nothing sacred? *snicker*

Posts: 968 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Personally, I'd revert to my youthful misbehaving ways and go a' cow tippin' in that pasture to get even. (just wait until after May as most cows are currently pregnant). Of course Bulls are fair game [Eek!]

Posts: 457 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 25 February 2002Reply With Quote
<DLS>
posted
Man I hate it when that happens. [Big Grin]

one of us
Picture of Flip
posted Hide Post
Man you are unlucky

Posts: 931 | Location: Nambia | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Patrick_D>
posted
If they legalise cow hunting, you now have the perfect bait.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Cows, uh "slow elk". Yeah that's it. Good excuse for practice with the DGR. Seriously, just check for external damage to stock, action, barrel, and scope. Then determine if the barrel is bent at all, sometimes it's a little hard to see. "Blood mad cows". Cool! - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
EAT MORE CHICKEN [Big Grin]

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
<glock20rocks>
posted
.577 T-Rex + Cow = [Big Grin]

Cow stomps on my gun, cow goes to McDonalds... [Smile]

one of us
Picture of John Y Cannuck
posted Hide Post
Holy cow!

Sorry [Big Grin]

Posts: 872 | Location: Lindsay Ontario Canada | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree You need to find a exorcist. That weatherby is now posessed by demands. Seek a vodoo witch,brazilian terot card reader,hypnotist etc

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
I`d find me one of them big name lawyers and sue the owner of them cows for not telling me they`d stomp a rifle [Big Grin] Maybe they`re some of those Brady or PETA cows.I wonder if they`d have walked on a Remchester or if they only pick on Weatherbys??
All this time I thought it was only horses that had a thing against guns [Big Grin]

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote