Find
Notify
Tools

What would you build on this action?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This being my personal favorite... an option on Husqvarna rifles back in the day.

neatly, neatly done.

I grabbed your photo for my aperture sight photo collection.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Here's another one that has been fitted to the charger hump. Whenever I see an add for an old Husky, I always check to see if the rifle has one of these. Most folks don't care and the price is usually the same with or without.

hijack Sorry, Forrest. I'll quit now.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Harry, you're not hijacking, you're just keeping the creative juices flowing.

I like the receiver sight on the Husky but I need a scope too. I'll bet Duane could made a sight like this one that would fit into the rear clawmount mechanism. It looks like it would fit into a grip cap so you could keep it with the rifle.

This would be a little slower/trickier than having an island sight, but you could have a cleaner look for the barrel.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
I've actually thought a bit about that; if you made it specific to a particular load then the post could screw into a detent to lock the sight in place. These have a ball detent and groove on the aperature post. If done right, when the post is in the detent you would be locked into the original elevation and windage. To be on the safe side, an NECG Universal front would have enough elevation to jack with different loads.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I know I'm late to the party, but I would duplicate some one of the older factory commercial Mausers I used to have with open sights...probably in 9x57, 9,5x57, or 10.75x68.

Any one of them would serve you well, be a true Mauser classic chambering, and not be common as dirt either.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why not a 7.65 Mauser?

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ireload2:
Why not a 7.65 Mauser?

Piss poor selection of bullets perhaps?