Find
Notify
Tools

New Denli blanks (lots of pics)
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted
I went over to Jim's (JJS) house this morning and it looks like a stock blank warehouse! In case any of you haven't been following the Charity rifle thread Jim was placed in charge of ordering the blank for the rifle from Denli walnut. Mr Denli has graciously offered a 10% discount to AR members along with the price break he gave on the blank for the project.

Seeing as I live so close to Jim I was able to talk him into adding a blank for me in with his order.

All four are amazing pieces of wood and Jim has one of if not the most beautiful blanks I've ever seen. For some reason it's true beauty doesn't come through in the pictures, but it is with out a doubt the prettiest of the bunch.

#701 Charity rifle blank. Duane Wiebe will carving this one so you know it's destine to become a true masterpiece!

Here is one of Jim's two. It's absalutely amazing. For some reason this one didn't have any finish on it like the others so we wet it down before the picture was taken. It has a beautiful red tint to it.

Here is mine. It can't hold a candle to the rest, but at $265 it has a beauty all it's own. Big Grin

Now for the prettiest of the bunch! for some reason the true beauty of this stock doesn't come through in the close up pictures, but this piece of wood is truly stunning! one of most beatiful I've ever seen.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
First picture and the first blank from the left, second picture seconf blank from the left.....amazing!

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
333, You have expensive taste! thumb

Terry

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Usually I am cheap! I really just like the fiddleback pattern in the wood.

Typically I go for something less flashing and cheaper such as this:

Those are amazing stocks you have posted!!!!!

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Terry,
Thanks for posting those. I even like Jim's floor and the cabinets. Great place for a wood junky to hang out.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Customstox:
Terry,
Thanks for posting those. I even like Jim's floor and the cabinets. Great place for a wood junky to hang out.

Oh Chic, Jim has a nice place. I even wiped my feet before I walked in and he didn't even tell me I had to.

I tried to slip out with the bottom blank, but he had an eye on me though rotflmo

Terry

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
"TC1: Here is mine. It can't hold a candle to the rest, but at $265 it has a beauty all it's own."

That blank is near perfect; $265 makes it that much better.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry-

What fla3006 said times 2 or 3. You have a real nack for picking them.

Beautiful wood, thanks for sharing the pictures.

May the wind be in your face and the sun at your back.

P. Mark Stark

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Terrific wood. I'll bet it will wotk really well. As an aside, does anyone know if Ted Stone (?) out of Christchurch, NZ is still in business. I bought some of his New Zealand walnut blanks years ago, but haven't seen him mentioned lately.

Posts: 33 | Location: SW Oklahoma | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well it was my pleasure to meet Terry. He is a really good guy, who knows his stuff. Terry has helped me a good bit and I owe him for that.... but I still attempted to give him a refund on his $300 blank but he just wanted to trade up. Wink

I never really paid much attention to blanks but after purchasing a couple it can become an addiction. In the last week I received all those blanks from Denli and everyone is far better than any picture can ever tell, they are that good but Terry's $300 blank was obviously mis-graded by a couple of grades.

I think Denli is going to keep the 10 percent discount going to AR members so you guys take advantage if you see something you like....I am very happy with my two.

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
quote:
jjs: after purchasing a couple it can become an addiction

So true. Wish I had the time and money to finish the blanks in my garage.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote