Login/Join

One of Us
posted
T

ACGG Life Member, since 1985

Posts: 1825 | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful wood color. The whole piece is one of quiet elegance. A place for everything and everything in its place.

The owner must be tall. That stock looks long.

One of Us
Picture of Big Earl
posted Hide Post
Fantastic work Steve! Best in class!

Posts: 364 | Location: Sticks, Indiana | Registered: 03 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
It takes real talent to improve upon a Hagn. That is just terrific work Steven. I love the round action look. You know you've now commited yourself to updating us when the engraving is complete.

Your single shot stocks are as distinctive as a Jerry Fisher bolt rifle. They'll be discsussing your work for at least a hundred years.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome, it's the subtelties that set this work apart from even the highest end production rifles.

Posts: 709 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 16 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve,
Incredible work as always but we need more details. Caliber barrel,etc. Your treatment of the action is simply stunning.

Michael J

Michael J

Posts: 485 | Location: Lakewood Colorado | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
A perfect rifle in a perfect caliber.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SDH,

That Hagn is Exquisite!

Thanks for posting pix of it.

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic! What are the plans for engraving?

Thanks for sharing.

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 897 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve, is that Ron Smith barrel a gain twist? Ralf is working on a 257 weatherby for me and he suggested using Ron's gain twist.

josh

Posts: 304 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 01 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Earl
posted Hide Post
Steve, did you re-contour the top of the action and deepen the rear scallop? It looks a lot different than the H&W you wrote about eight years ago for AR. I noticed the stock lines are very similar with the exception of the front panel and it looks like you have better wood to metal fit there.

Posts: 364 | Location: Sticks, Indiana | Registered: 03 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I really like the fore arm. Did you use the Hagn spring loaded fore arm attachment?
I also like the treatment of the receiver top. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3784 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ForrestB:

"Your single shot stocks are as distinctive as a Jerry Fisher bolt rifle. They'll be discsussing your work for at least a hundred years."

If not longer. Congrats SDH

Roland

One of Us
posted Hide Post
SDH,

Beautiful rifle. Would it be possible to take metal off the left side of the action to make it easier to remove spent cases? This might weaken the action significantly. Just a question always had about Hagns. Basically making a thumb groove.

I played around with Frank De Haas's Hagn's when I was younger. But I didn't have the knowledge then to ask him.

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve, I especially like the action to forend shaping. I am not a huge fan of side panels. Are there any optional transitions to the buttstock that would fit on a high end single shot?

That rifle has as nice a stocking job as I have seen. Please post more pictures of your work.

josh

Posts: 304 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 01 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Nice work Steve, and I always enjoy a Ralf barrel!

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
That is so sweet. Thanks for posting.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote