THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Who makes Rigby style 416 Rigby drop box mag and follower for Standard 98 actions?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who makes Rigby style 416 Rigby drop box mag and follower for Standard 98 actions?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Who makes Rigby style 416 Rigby drop box mag and follower for Standard lenght 98 actions? Needs to hold three down with one up the spout.
Thanks for any info.
Matt

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
http://www.sunny-hill.com/products/assemblies/98mauser.html

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one for my M70 375 H&H that I am building. I am impressed with the quality. I think Blackburn Machine has one that is closer to a true Rigby style, but from what I have read on these forums, they are quite difficult to deal with.

Posts: 1665 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might try Duane Wiebe either on the forum or:

http://www.soundmetalproducts.com/Product___Pricing.html.

He's got a .404 Jeff 4-rounder listed and is asking for imput on others.

BTW - Who did you find to open a '98 for the Rigby, if I may ask?

Posts: 63 | Location: NW Colorado | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just tried 416 Rigby in our mock up...fits! Our guard design is very close to Rigby style. Manfacturing has started this last Monday...figure a month!

Converting a 98 to 416 Rigby has been done many times, though I have not ever received an order to do so...If I remember right, "Big Bore Rifles" by Jack Lott shows examples

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's an awesome set up for bottom metal; I'm waiting for a Winchester unit for a 9.3x62 pre-64 build... Big Grin

Posts: 709 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 16 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 9.3 x 62 will fit nicely in standard configurarion...though rails will probably need work for smooth feed...as I've mentioned before, smooth feeding is a jazz band "in tune".

The follower must be just right, the follower spring has to be just the right tension...the extractor must be exactly the right tension and configuration....the ejector has to be in time and lastly the rails must guide the rounds so all the other components work in harmony.

There's just no easy answer to the question I've seen dozens of times "How do I make thie feed"???

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe:
Just tried 416 Rigby in our mock up...fits! Our guard design is very close to Rigby style. Manfacturing has started this last Monday...figure a month!

Converting a 98 to 416 Rigby has been done many times, though I have not ever received an order to do so...If I remember right, "Big Bore Rifles" by Jack Lott shows examples

Sounds like just what I'm looking for. Will the price be a little over $400.00?
Thanks,
Matt

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Duane

I have not been able to connect to the web sight listed above.
Is this a venture of yours? Can you give me a little information on company and contact information. You can reply here, PM or e-mail, bgw(at)wildblue.net
Thanks

James

Posts: 658 | Location: W.Va | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
James try www.bottommetal.com
-Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don

Thank you very much but I get the same response.

Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage.

James

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
James, I think the problem is that the bottommetal.com website redirects you to www.soundmetalproducts.com and your security settings might not like that. Go directly to www.soundmetalproducts.com and you shouldn't have any problems.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Forrest

Thanks for the reply.
I get the same response, I E cannot display. I thought it might be my security settings so I got my laptop and got the same results.
Maybe IE knows I have done spent too much lately.
PS - SunneyHill now has bottom metal for the 1910 Mexicans in stock. They look good but you will have to use an aftermarket trigger in them.
Thanks again.

James

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We had our website manager look into problems of access Sure enough...everybody pleads "not guilty" We now have two identical websites...www. bottommetal.com and www.soundmetalproducts.com. Still,,,some folks can't access either...make sure of "spaces between words (none)...If all else fails, call me at 253 535 0066 or 253 230 5599 or email cgrs@earthlink.net.....live with the mystery, I guess!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Duane

Thanks for the reply.
Where the problem lies, I do not know but I cannot connect to either address.

I will drop you an e-mail later and you can reply as time allows.

James