New
Find
Notify
Tools

Win Model 70 to detachable box magazine
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a post 64 Model 70 with the hinge plate magazine and would like to convert it to a detachable box magazine i.e. clip. Is this feasible and at what approximate cost?

Posts: 214 | Location: Cochrane Alberta Canada | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One of our local gun-shops is running a clearance sale on detatchable box M-70's at good prices. Everyone is asking how much it would cost to convert them back to the normal. If only you lived near OKC a good trade could possibly be arranged..............DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
hoehne

I’m with DJ on this. Several years ago I bought a m70 in 7mm Rem mag and it has the DBM. I would love to trade this set up for a regular hinged floor plate. The problem is the stock is way different. You can't just swap the DBM for the hinged bottom metal, you would need the stock also. The inletting for the DBM is much larger and kinda square in the front. It’s ugly. Another thig is my m70 has no feed rails and I'm not sure how a regular m70 works. Do they feed from the mag box or are there feed rails in the action? You need to find that out also.

Shawn

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote