New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indexed screws
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've aways marveled how some fine pieces have their screws head slots all pointing the same way. How the heck do they do that?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
By carefully triming the bottom of the screw head, or, it's seat, a little at a time.

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brianbo
posted Hide Post
Or by using screw heads oversize (taller) off the seat and then cutting the final slot after the final sanding and polish so that it aligns perfectly .

Regards,
Brian

Meet "Beauty" - 66 cal., 417 grn patched roundball over 170 grns FFg = ~1950 fps of pure fun!

"Scotch Whisky is made from barley and the morning dew on angel's nipples." - Warren Ellis

NRA Life Member

Posts: 479 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: 10 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Prewar70
posted Hide Post
Or you could do it the way I do it. Turn some screws to about 250" pounds of torque to get in the right position and on the ones you can't get tight enough, leave looser but held in place with a pint of loctite. Big Grin

Posts: 895 | Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota | Registered: 13 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
"Or you could do it the way I do it. Turn some screws to about 250" pounds of torque to get in the right position and on the ones you can't get tight enough, leave looser but held in place with a pint of loctite. animal animal"

I love it!

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote