New
Find
Notify
Tools

McMillan Stocks
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was curious as to peoples opinions of McMillan's at the differents levels they are offered. How have people liked the drop-ins? Is the "complete installation" worth the $226 dollars for bedding? Could the drop-in be bedded with the same results? It seems like many of you have McMillan stocks and are very happy with them, I am wondering about what people have found with their different stock options/levels.

Thanks in advance,
Bob

one of us
posted Hide Post
I got a Super Grade express stock for my M-70. It is a very nice unit. I liked it so much that I had two more ordered for my other rifles. However, I think I like the surface texture of the MPI stock better for some reason. Good luck.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
I don't think the bedding is worth the $ if you can do it yourself and most can. For my rem 700 long actions I buy my McMillans from Gander Mtn. They have a house stock made by McMillan for around $270 last I checked. They come in green gray and black.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bob.....I'm the kind of guy who can sit in a plowed field with an anvil and a rubber mallet and break the anvil.

I've bedded a few stocks and while the results were fine I didn't like the way they looked. I'm a little anal about things like that and I like the job they do....works great and looks great to. Considering the money I put into most rifles with respect to dies, brass, scope mounts, a scope, etc etc the extra couple of hundred dollars seems like money well spent.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote