New
Find
Notify
Tools

Made a mistake-Maybe?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I bought a Mauser 3000 barreled receiver in 243. It is complete less stock. Didn't pay much and it is as new. Who has a stock for it? It is not something that I want to sink much money into.
Any help out there?
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a fine deal to me .

I found this on the Alaska shooting forum .

"A good source for available Mauser 3000 parts is www.e-gunparts.com which is the website for Numrich Arms, probably the biggest and best gunparts source for just about anything going."

Glenn

Posts: 200 | Location: Calgary- Alberta- Canada | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
I've seen one in Gag's bargain page, I'll assume he makes them.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glenn,
They are out of stock.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wasn't able to find anything on the GAG site either. Maybe I don't know how to navigate it.
Butch

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
The site is a pia now that it's been changed. I did find a left hand 3000 in the bargain list so I'd assume he makes it. Awhile back he had a very nice looking right hand stock pretty cheap, it was there a long time but gone now.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Butch, try this...
http://www.gunstocks.com/
Click on / search our gallery
Type in 08261L click on search
They are doing a custom blank for me and I ran across this left hand 3000 earlier, should be able to do a righty?

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I couldn't get anything with that, srtrax.
Butch

One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Maybe...
Search the Gallery

Search descriptions Search keywords Search summaries Search titles Search custom fields Search comments
Check All Uncheck All Invert
Gallery Core Results 1 - 1

Title: 08261L
Summary: M3000, LEFT HAND, CLASSIC, ENGLISH WALNUT
Keywords: �
Description: M3000, LEFT HAND, CLASSIC, ENGLISH WALNUT

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Didnt work, I tried!
Works when I do it the other way...I dunno Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are Boyd's too cheap for you? I think their laminated stocks are a good value. Might not match that Mauser though. I'm more about function than form.

www.boydsgunstocks.com

Posts: 274 | Location: GREENVILLE SC | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mauser 3000 is listed as an available action inlet here:
Richard's Microfit

Your choice of laminate colors, hardwoods, styles, etc.

The prices seem to be very good. The only issue is these are not checkered or finished.

Posts: 257 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 18 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch,

There aren't a whole lot of Mauser 3000's floating around. I have seen, in the flesh, one in my lifetime.

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And stay clear of Richard's Microfit. He should rename the company "Maxifit" because of the gaps left after the action fits into it.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
quote:
And stay clear of Richard's Microfit. He should rename the company "Maxifit" because of the gaps left after the action fits into it.

thumb

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not positive but I think that my dad used a model 700 stock from HS Precision on his left handed 3000 Mauser. That was a long time ago so my remember might be wrong. Might be something to check.

Posts: 215 | Location: BRF mid west WI. | Registered: 28 February 2003Reply With Quote