THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Re: Nosler start building rifles with their own action

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Nosler start building rifles with their own action
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For four grand, I could come up with something a helluva lot nicer and it would probably fit one individual and not the whole universe.

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting. The rear tang has the looks of an Enfield. I wonder if they are soldering their bases onto the receiver, however, they claim that the bases are "cast" into the receiver.

Does anyone have one of these rifles yet?

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The members at 24hr were not too kind what with the price being four grand!

None could deny that they might sell out however. When one looks at the houses being built in CT now starting at $350K this is just a small expense to some.

This Nosler rifle is push feed and the safety might be suspect.

While I am interested in knowing more I don't think I would buy one myself.

Thanks for the link.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
"We wanted to make this rifle a potential investment. That's why these are limited to 500 rifles."

I guess if you want to spend 4 grand on a rifle as a "investment" it`s fine. The rifle acually looks pretty good IMO but, I think you could do better though for the money building your own custom.
I have no doubt Nosler will sell them out..........

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Mel,
thanks for the heads up...

frankly, if they want to get into rifle building, a 1.0 release of the hardware is NOT going to make an impression on the public...

ah, well... i have far better things to spend 4k on... in fact, one could take 4 k, get a 45/70 kodiak and have it redone to 450 ne#2 and have change

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why would a great company like Nosler promote a rifle with such lousy grain flow through the stock??? It seems like they have spent a huge amount of time/money and should have paid better attention to the stock layout of the MOST VISABLE part of the rifle. Maybe I'm just too picky, but I wouldn't have spent the time stocking the first "latest and greatest" semi custom rifle on a blank that dives through the grip and runs down through the forend.
gunmaker

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nosler is reminding me of an investment term from the 80's when companies started to get into everything they could,

DIWORSIFICATION.

Posts: 1532 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Mel,
one could take 4 k, get a 45/70 kodiak and have it redone to 450 ne#2 and have change

jeffe

LOT'S of change, frankly, and that Nosler is, to my mind, a most unimpressive rifle. Kind of Euro-moderne in the lines and kind of Remington cheapsh*t in the engineering to be precise.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"Leupold also created a special reticle that is matched to the flight characteristics of our 180grain AccuBond� bullet. With this combination, the shooter can use a dead-on hold out to 500 yards.

"

So, what's the cartridge that this is calibrated for? Is there only one selection?

How does one of the previous posters know that it's a push feed? Is there other info on another site that I didn't find (not that I want to shell out $4,000; I'm just the curious type)?

Posts: 113 | Location: B.C., Canada | Registered: 18 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There was a thread at 24hr but I cannot find it now to link on. There was a mention of it being push feed.

I did start a new topic there but nobody has posted on it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
"Leupold also created a special reticle that is matched to the flight characteristics of our 180grain AccuBond� bullet. With this combination, the shooter can use a dead-on hold out to 500 yards.
"

So, what's the cartridge that this is calibrated for? Is there only one selection?

How does one of the previous posters know that it's a push feed? Other info on another site that I didn't find (not that I want to shell out $4,000; I'm just the curious type).

Posts: 113 | Location: B.C., Canada | Registered: 18 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am trying to remember that thread. My guess is that it's chambered for the 300 WSM.

I bet the moderator deleted it as the Big S...'s there that shower together really ranked on it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I bet the moderator deleted it as the Big S...'s there that shower together really ranked on it

That is very funny. I sprayed coffee on my keyboard.

JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WaffenfabrikHein
posted Hide Post
There is an article in the October SportAfield in the New Gear Review section that does say it is in fact a push feed.