THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a rem. 541-S replacement trigger??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of muskrat
posted
Could one of the gunsmiths on here,please tell me who if anybody makes a trigger that can be adjusted down to ounces, for the remington model 541-S ????
I have tried to adjust my stock trigger down and 3 pounds was as low as i could get it.A friend thought he could do better by cutting the spring down some,but it didn't seem to help much at all.This is a very accurate shooting gun and i have been using it at a local 30 yard shoot, but would like a lighter trigger.Any help or other ideas would be greatly apperciated,Thanks!!!!
muskrat
live free or die!

Posts: 287 | Location: central ohio | Registered: 05 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Believe it or not, the way that most guys get their M-541 triggers down where they want them is by using the springs out of tire valve stems. Stop by your local tire shop & ask them for some old ones. Experiment until you find one that "works" for you.

one of us
Picture of muskrat
posted Hide Post
Cold bore
I have no trouble believing this.My buddy makes old savages(before accura trigger) have a trigger pull of 3-2 pounds using screen door springs.I posted this earlier tonight on here .Thank you for the advice and will be giving it a try tomorrow.I can't find any after market trigger for the 541 anywhere! I have tried Shilen,Timmey and Jewell with no luck so far.
thanks again!
muskrat
live free or die!

Posts: 287 | Location: central ohio | Registered: 05 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am pretty sure Canjar still has one. I know they did a few years ago.

I sent mine to John Blauvelt in New York for a trigger job. His website is http://www.jcbgunsmith.com/

He works on a lot of 541's, and did a fine job on my 541-X. (Same action, different stock)

Good luck.

Ed

Posts: 128 | Location: Delafield, Wi. | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of muskrat
posted Hide Post
Fast Ed,
Thanks ,i looked him up and e-mailed him.Will wait to see what he has to say about doing a lot of work on it other than just the trigger,since he has a lot to offer on the 541!I found a phone number for Canjar but they don't seem to have a web address.
thanks again!
muskrat
live free or die!