New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dakota
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Out of curiosity, does anyone have any new intel on Dakota now that they have been out of bankruptcy since last winter? Has anyone bought and action or a complete gun?

Thoughts? Mainly just curious!

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just took delivery of a new Dakota in .375 and it is everything I have come to expect and beyond. Fit and finish are perfect and the accuracy is amazing. I wanted a relativly light weight 375. total weight is 8 lbs and it shoots 1/2 inch or better groups at 100 yrds. It was a long wait because of the bankrupcy and through out constuction I heard so many different stories(lies) it was a joke. I now own 3 dakotas and I think the best one of all was the last one I recieved.They trully have some excellent craftsman working there. Would I buy another Dakota from the factory? NOT A CHANCE! Unless I see a mjor change in the companies managent. Charlie should do the gun buisness a favor and seek employment in the food service industry,and let the memory of a great inovator like Don Allen live on into history.

If your parents didn't have any children chances are you won't either.

Posts: 478 | Location: Davie Florida | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave:

Would you buy an action from them?

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry but no
the company is just too unorganized.
I would buy one from a dealer or individual who had one.

If your parents didn't have any children chances are you won't either.

Posts: 478 | Location: Davie Florida | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With Quote