New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sako 75
 Login/Join

<Mike from YU>
posted
I would like to know if Sako produce actions w/o key-lock gimmick. Now , Remington also produces action with similar thing. Must admit that I find it really annoying. What do you think?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Only some of the current Sako 75's have the key lock -- I think mainly in the long actions. Buy soon, and maybe you can avoid it. Or, get the key lock and freeze it in the unlocked position and throw away the key.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
<sako_sarge>
posted
Hello Mike I see that the current Sako's have the key lock but the original 75's did not have it, a friend of mine bought a 75 in 30-06 about 2 years ago and it does not have the lock. But I have seen them advertising the key lock for at least 6 months now on the Sako website. So maybe your best option is old stock or a good second hand Sako.

<Patrick_D>
posted
Mike,

I have a couple of 75s, neither has a lock.

However, the current sales brochure indicates that it is to be offered standard on every rifle.

Personally, I would not want it.

I'd go with Stonecreek on this. If you can find one in the chambering you want, without the lock, buy it.

Patrick

<Bill>
posted
I talked to the Remington Custom Shop a while back about ordering a rifle without that "retarded little lock thing" on it and they were kinda offended by my choice of words.

---------------

www.rifleshooter.com

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 01-05-2002).]