New
Find
Notify
Tools

98 actions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Ran across this today. Check out www.legacysports.com products. they say the 98's are made in Italy and come out of the custom shop. Looks interesting. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
<CAL9 from planet Fargo>
posted
Did you see any pictures? I didn't see any.

On a side note, I saw a Charles Daly catalog the other day and they are offering a left hand mauser. In 3006 only, but still.

CAL

one of us
posted Hide Post
Found this on the sight above about the 98 action.

"The bolt and receiver are investment cast of the finest steel alloys, then precision
machined using the latest CNC and EDM machinery and processes"

The Mauser purist may have a problem with the investment cast action and bolt. Personally I would buy a Ruger if it came to casting. They have been doing it for years.

Posts: 449 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cal, I believe you have to go to their "custom shop" link on the site. There was one picture there. That was all, though. The standard actions are, I believe, $445 or so, and the ultra mags (by which I assume they mean true magnum sized actions) were a mind boggling $3045. As for the investment castings, I've seen some very powerful and highly stressed machinery built with the technology, so as long as it's done well, I see no problem with it. Depends on the exact process, though. I guess we'll know more when these actually make it out to the public. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote