New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stock Duplicating/ors with plastic?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I know a bunch has been written here bout stock duplicators. I have a Rugger M77 going out to Greg Tannel next month and, well I want to put a McMillan under her. The problem is McM only makes one replacement stock, and I would like the Winchester supergrade style replacement.

I wonder could I have McM send me a stock with no inletting and have someone use a duplicator to hog out the inletting as a Ruger M77? I have my regular stock to use as a pattern.

Is this feasable or should I have somebody just open up my facory stock to hold the #5 contour barrel?

<allen day>
posted
Have you asked McMillan to inlet their stock of your choice for a Ruger barreled-action?

I've seen this done on more than one occasion. For example, I've seen the Sako Hunter and post-1964 Model 70 Monte Carlo stocks inletted for the Model 700 Remington, etc.

It might be worth a call to ask........

AD

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep - I tried - they said no - my Ruger is a M77 not the MKII so they don't get a bunch of calls for that and I guess they don't have the time or inclination to mess with it.

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
You might want to chat with MPI. They will hand-lay a composite stock for anything with a trigger! They did a bang-up job with my original Newton (now in .30 Belted Newton, AKA .30/.338 Mag), and it is one of the most accurate sporting rifles I have ever fired.

They aren't cheap though...'specially if you ask them to make, bed, camo paint, and install a quick-removable buttpad with storage underneath, as I did....

Alberta Canuck

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote