New
Find
Notify
Tools

41 smith and wesson
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
having problems with the slide dragging during firing. inside of slide shows ware marks, and appears rough on one side, the other is fine. the bad side is the left side, where the slide stop is located, not sure as I should have it milled smooth. anyone ever have this same problem?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I work on a lot of Model 41's. However I don't have clear enough information to help yet.

You are saying the slide rail on the left side is rubbing the frame hard. And there is rough machine marks in that area.

Are you implying that the slide is not cycling or moving all the way to the rear?

On the later model 41's it is not unusual to see rough machine marks on the slide and frame rails. If the gun is functioning OK I would not smooth up any of the rough machine work, you may create problems with loose tolerances.

Did you buy the gun new? If so when did your problems start? If you bought it used, did the problems surface from the start?

Craftsman

Posts: 1546 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
purchased the firearm new. the slide stop/release is rubbing on the inside of the slide. pistol will some times fails to eject spent shell all the way, it catches and the slide holds the shell against the barrel/chamber.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
craftsman, thanks for your reply, found a gunsmith in my area, who has gone through the smith and wesson schools etc. and I am taking it to him for his opion as what to do to correct the problems, thanks once again.

lookout