Find
Notify
Tools

Rick 0311
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
quote:
I have a couple pair of Loeb bench-made shoes that were made from a mold of my feet. The difference between those shoes and off the rack shoes is like night and day...and the same principal applies to bedding rifle actions. One is a “custom fit†the other is a “one size fits all†within a certain range.

Hi Rick,
Do you buy those locally, or are they a mail order outfit? Any contact info would be appreciated. this old grunt medic has spent too many years of his life wearing poorly fitting boots and shoes. My original issue (black not brown, more's the pity) GI boots were actually the nicest. They broke in quickly, and weren't too heavy. Nowadays I only wear Air Nike tennis shoes, even when I testify in court or go to Mass.

Thanks,

lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
lawndart,

I actually spelled it wrong...it’s Lobb not Loeb.

http://www.johnlobbltd.co.uk/main/main.htm

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow, at the current exchange rate for $3,746.14.. Eeker.., I can get a pair of leather shoes that will really fit!
Good thing I don't play polo or like crocodile skin shoes........ Smiler......DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Rick & Lawndart -

Please excuse me for intruding into your thread.

Just a bit of info...there is a boot firm in Roseburg, Oregon, which has made for many years (and still makes) boots and shoes by hand, measured to fit each foot, from pretty much the leathers of your choice. They are well known in the logging and hunting communities of the PacNW for their quality work, and are a small firm of family and friends who are old-time cobblers, easy to work with on a person-to-person basis. And, their wares are within the price range of even a blue-collar working man.

They are:

Clemons Boot Company
439 SE Main Street
Roseburg, Oregon 97470
1-541-673-0774 - Ask for Bill (Clemons)

I do not know how you might arrange measurements of your feet by phone, but suggest a phone call to them couldn't cost much and might give you a viable alternative to consider. If you should ever happen through Roseburg, they are well worth a visit. They are always a few months behind their orders, but for very nice handmade bespoken shoes or boots, that's likely a good sign.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Whites boots in Spokane still does handmade boots also. My last pair I bought, I took to the South Pole, and have had since 1979, these are comfortable and last forever just about.

Anyway the link:

http://www.whitesoutdoor.com/

Posts: 1486 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 28 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Thanks Schromf -

I can also recommend White's...I did not know if they were still in business or would have mentioned them....

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lawndat

Ktenay speaks highly (very highly) of a fellow up in BC that makes custom fitted boots as well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys, I have all the shoes and boots I need...and I’m not looking for any more. I just answered a question about where I got the custom shoes I mentioned in another post.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rick,
Thanks for the information.

Guys,
I appreciate all the input. I seriously even wear my Nikes chukar hunting. Roseburg and Spokane are both within striking distance.

Remember the three keys to a happy life:
Loose shoes,
Tight pussy, and
A warm place to shit

lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote