Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sako trigger
 Login/Join

posted
I need a gunsmith. That can fix my Sako trigger. I had a local work on it and that was a big mistake.

Thanks

Posts: 8 | Location: Okla. City, Ok. | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
What was the original problem & what did the gun plumber do to it?

------------------
NRA Life member

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Poor trigger pull was the problem. The gun smith took the trigger apart and did some honing. And now the trigger will not set at all. A bit to light.

Posts: 8 | Location: Okla. City, Ok. | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Anybody, I could sure use the name of a good gunsmith to fix my trigger.
Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe it just needs to be adjusted a little, I know if you get to close to the edge the sear won't catch to cock the gun.

Posts: 302 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 21 September 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I do Sako triggers.
Bill's Accuracy Shop
511 Gunby Rd
Salisbury Md 21804
Send the barreled action if you like, Trigger job is $50.00 plus return shipping. I offer trigger service on most rifles. Desired pull weight needs to be attached to shipment. A Sako can make most weights over "1"lb and some lighter for target shooting. Safe hunting trigger is about 2lbs. Some brands is limited to the 2lb. thanksBill Truitt

Building Dreams, What's yours?

Posts: 15 | Location: Eastern Shore of Maryland | Registered: 25 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Once done satisfy yourself that it reallyis safe.

This involves slamming the bolt shut, tapping the cocked striker with a hard object, bouncing the stock on the floor, pulling the trigger with the safety on and then putting the safety off, tapping up on the bolt handle with safe off and tapping front of bolt (near lugs).

If it goes off in any of these situations it's too light. My own is safe a hair under 2lbs but it has been returned from a trigger job in a condition where it would fire if cycled hard.

Note - use your commonsense and don't destroy the gun