New
Find
Notify
Tools

1909 Argie action price
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What is a realistic CURRENT price for a clean, no pitting or rust 1909 action?
Without bottom metal.Won't need bottom metal

And how available are they?

I realize prices have changed a lot in the year or two.Not looking for a killer deal just realistic price I can expect to pay now.

Allen

It's a Mauser thing, you wouldn't understand.

Posts: 656 | Location: North of Prescott AZ | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Around here they are $100-$150 when you find them, but like everything else prices are rising.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
I have found three in the last year. The highest paid was $225.00...$200.00...$175.00, all had matching no.# and were not in full military specs. but all action parts were very clean! Finding them is the hardest part.

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With original mag release bottom metal, $250, but very hard to find.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Guys:

Send those clean $200 DWM 1909's to me, they are going for $250 plus out here, and if the action is as new, $300 is not out of line.

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3832 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I advertized one on here awhile back that is extremely clean, no bottom metal, has a military barrel on it, and no bolt stop (easily found) for $275 shipped and I didn't get any takers.

one of us
posted Hide Post
He is asking for the price without bottom metal. I have not seen one like that go for more than $125. You can find good examples with bottom metal for $200 with little problem.

Either I live in a different world than the other action buyers, or one of us read the question incorrectly.

As for availability, they are out there. just keep your eyes open and you will find lots.

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marc_Stokeld:
He is asking for the price without bottom metal. I have not seen one like that go for more than $125. You can find good examples with bottom metal for $200 with little problem.

Either I live in a different world than the other action buyers, or one of us read the question incorrectly.

As for availability, they are out there. just keep your eyes open and you will find lots.

Please Please Please tell me where these actions are as I want to buy 5 of them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
Well, I advertized one on here awhile back that is extremely clean, no bottom metal, has a military barrel on it, and no bolt stop (easily found) for $275 shipped and I didn't get any takers.

That's because you were asking the high end going price for a COMPLETE action (including bottom metal). $350 for a complete like new action is not unreasonable. One in very good shape is a good buy at $250, anything less is a real bargain in my book. But realistically, the bottom metal is half the value, without it, the action is not much different than many other readily available GOOD actions.

Like Mark says, they are out there and good deals do come along, the question is, how much effort do you want to invest or how long do you want to wait?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just need the bottom metal.

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ireload2:
I just need the bottom metal.

If you just need the bottom metal talk to Don Markey who posts on this board. He has quite a few 1909 Bottom Metals on hand and I believe he has straddle floorplates and button style floorplate releases on hand as well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's a guy selling two 1909 on gunbroker $499.00starting bib for both

remember the 2% rule you must be 2% smarter then what you are trying to do

Posts: 85 | Location: Kotzebue, Alaska | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For reference I think this is the old JDL company in Ct.

Try www.ptr91.com/products_surplus.html

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by manhasset:
For reference I think this is the old JDL company in Ct.

Try www.ptr91.com/products_surplus.html

And just think you used to be able to get complete barreled actions with original bottom metal for alot less from them a few years ago. I wish I bought more. Seriously I wouldn't pay more than $125 for one without the guard. Or buy one with the guard and sell it to recoop the money.
-Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I think I having a good week.

Saturday I got a very clean complete 1910 MEX with NO pitting or rust, for $200.

Today I looked at a 1909 Argentine DWM, complete rifle,cleaning rod and all, in like new shape with no bluing, the action bolt and safety have matching serial #s, the stock and bottom metal don't match but the #s are close.

Their holding it till This Saturday so I can pull it out of the stock to make sure the rest of it looks as good.As long as no surprises I will take it. It's $300.

Not a steal but I think fair based on what I've been reading.
There won't be any surprises (as buying at auction) since I've looked at it in person. I know this is not like the prices of a few years ago but at least there's no hunting around and waiting to try and find one either.

The serial # starts with a F.How do I find the date of manufacture?

Oh, I will sell any parts worth any thing.
What's the bottom metal worth?

Allen

It's a Mauser thing, you wouldn't understand.

Posts: 656 | Location: North of Prescott AZ | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenBosely:

Oh, I will sell any parts worth any thing.
What's the bottom metal worth?

Allen

FWIW, over the years I sold many complete sets for $100+ and $35-125 for the guard alone depending on condtion.
-Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote