New
Find
Notify
Tools

Early Jaeger single lever side mount
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am looking at a rifle ostensibly stocked by Paul Jaeger which is fitted with the base for a very early Jaeger single lever side mount. The top part is missing. Since I have never seen even a photo of the upper on such a mount, I would be grateful for a photo, so I would at least know what I was looking for. Secondly, does anyone know where I could find such an object for sale? Finally, would it be possible to alter a later model single lever upper to fit the base or alternatively to alter the base to fit the upper?

One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
Pretty hard to tell what it is from such a small picture. At first look it looks like a door hinge, lol but it may be an old Pachmayr swing out mount. Or a variant of that.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have a look at this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-P...ONDITI-/112092642489

Or this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paul-J...d:g:dzIAAOSw3QpZbWUl

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rod,

Thanks for the photos. The second one is the more modern version with dowel pins as well as screws to secure the base. However, it the screw holes match, it might be possible to switch bases. The first one has a base quite similar to the one on the rifle (sorry about the size), so at least I know what I'm looking for.

Is this better?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you can find a set of the rings, your local gun plumber can probably put the base in the mill and cut new recoil stops into it to match the rings.

Rod Henrickson

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4864 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
z1r,

Thanks, I am well aware of NECGS connection with the Jaeger business and their dwindling supply of Jaeger side mounts. I was acquainted with Dietrich Apel and have had several dealings with them in the past, including visits to their locations.

I have contacted Mark Cromwell for suggestions.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Jaeger single lever side mount on my M1952 Mannlicher-Schoenauer. PM me your email address and I will send you photos.

Posts: 113 | Location: Maryland 's Eastern Shore | Registered: 03 February 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Emails on the way. My mount might be different.

Posts: 113 | Location: Maryland 's Eastern Shore | Registered: 03 February 2016Reply With Quote