New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help! Win 70 bolt won't go in
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I cleaned the rifle, wiped down the bolt and tried to re-insert. The bugger wont go in. Looks like a small plunger is dragging below the bolt. It depresses but not enough. It is almost as if I had taken the bolt apart and misaligned it when I put it back together, but all I did was wipe it with a cloth.

How do I put it back to where it needs to be without tearing it apart?

I had another Mauser action do this a long time ago, when I got it back together all seemed fine and functioning but the firing pin was held back too far to fire until I tore it apart again.

Dont want to make that mistake this time....

[ 12-23-2002, 00:13: Message edited by: Mssgn ]

Posts: 345 | Location: NY | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it is a controlled round feed, make sure the extractor is lined up with the bottom lug(right when it is going back in). Beyond that I have never had any problems. If it is push feed I dont know it would be.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mssgn You may have uncocked the firing pin when you wiped it off. The firingpin must be cocked to reinsert. See if the safety is in the on position. If not wou wikk have to recock the firing pin. "Hook the sear [firing pin] on something and as you pull it back rotate the bolt to hold the firing pin in the cocked position.
Hope that helps.

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
You didn`t possibly trip the striker when you had the bolt out??

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote