New
Find
Notify
Tools

Parker parts???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone know of a source for older Parker parts. I have a black powder gun of pretty nice quality missing parts. The client wants to shoot black powder loads.

I need the "bridle", the thingy that links the hammer to the main leaf spring. Before trying to make one, I thought I might try to find an original. I also need the two screws that hold the hammers on.

Jim

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ask on doublegun.com. They're the guys that play with the old doubles. They can point you in the right direction. Bill

Posts: 111 | Location: Downs, Kansas | Registered: 16 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oops-that's doublegunshop.com. Bill

Posts: 111 | Location: Downs, Kansas | Registered: 16 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might also try Dixie Gunworks...they might have something that will work or can be modified easier than making a new one.

Posts: 1665 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just remembered, try Larry Del Grego and sons, Ilion New York. They are THE Parker restorers. Bill

One of Us
Picture of hairbol
posted Hide Post
There were a lot of Parkers that were inexpensive Belgian knock off's that were trying to capitalize on the Parker Brothers name. Make sure you're dealing with a Parker Brothers gun. If you know all this sorry for re-iterating it.