New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington TI, M700 and Model 7 questions
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm interested in some data on the differences twixt M700 SA and the model 7 in standard calibres.

What are the main differences between the two? What is the max length of the mag box on a model 7, is the action much shorter, is the distance between the screws different. In short (pun) is there enough of a weight and dimension saving to make the hassle of moving from an M700 worthwhile?

Anyone know the weight saving from an M700 SA stainless to an M700 Ti action? Does the TI have a slimmer barrel profile?

Considering a lighter weight moderated rifle....

One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
quote:
In short (pun) is there enough of a weight and dimension saving to make the hassle of moving from an M700 worthwhile?

IMO, NO! The 700SA is only a few ounces more than the Model 7 and it does have more room in the magazine, fore and aft. As for the difference in the stock, it would be made up for in the magazine mortice.

The weight difference in the TI Model 700 and the steel is significant to say the least. I don't know about the barrel profile.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
Actually the difference in the length between the m7 and short m700 is only in the rear bridge. The mag is the same length on the two actions. I have posted pictures of this in years past, maybe you could do a search and find them.
The weight savings from the 7 to the 700 couldn't be more than 2 or 3 oz. I wouldn't think.
The worst thing I can say about the m7 is there aren't as many stocks available, still plenty of options tough.
I don't have a clue as to the weight diff. between the 700ti and the regular 700.

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any more information from remington buffs out there?

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Ti rifles have the Mountain Rifle contour barrel. THis is very thin and I personally would not want to put a supressor on it. I would not want the extra weight hanging on the end of that pencil thin barrel. I would have to look at the threads required, but i think they would physically be OK. For your application i persoanlly would want soemthing at least like Remington's standard contour bbl.

But take this FWIW. i have never installed or used a moderator. But this is an eduucated guess.

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Barrel would be shortened to 18" which would make it stiffer than a full length normal sporter. Generally moderated accuracy is excellent from such rigs.