New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger #1 Base Question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A good friend was having some problems with his original Ruger base and wanted to change to something new. I recommended he might try S&K as I have several sets of their rings on various rifles and really like them.

Anyhow, he ordered the S&K base and rings. Brought them over and we set out to mount everything.

Pulled the old base and replaced with S&K using two screws and the standing stud. But..... this left two empty screw holes and an alinging? stud exposed in front of the base.

We stopped right there, and he called S&K the next day. Was told that no one had ever complained with this set-up.. to use a couple of filler screws and then ignore the remaining stud that juts up from the receiver.

I can deal with the filler screws, but the remaining stud sticking up under the scope tube just looks goofy.

Is this stud (pin) screwed in or wedged in? It needs to go somehow. Ideas or input surely appreciated!

I've always been impressed with S&K products, but they sure flubbed on this IMO.... And I feel guilty.

Posts: 125 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 11 October 2002Reply With Quote