New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brno #1 trigger
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Is there any simple way to improve trigger pull on this very solid rimfire rifle?

Mine is long and creepy but breaks at only 1.5 pounds. Not very desirable from either a safety or a shootability standpoint.

John

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Virginia, USA | Registered: 02 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Never got a reply here and the replies I got on HA disappeared because they're so old -- anyone?

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Virginia, USA | Registered: 02 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John: The trigger on mine is almost a twin to a model 70 Win. trigger other than the poor shaping of the actual trigger face. It can be adjusted for pull weight and travel. Actual sear engagement is a matter of stoning as in the model 70 and should be done by experienced hands.

Posts: 312 | Location: B.C., Canada | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
John---

That is a direct sear trigger.....NOT on override like a M-70. It depends on heat-treat and geometry for a good pull. NOTHING else.

It's a cut and try job with quite a bit of risk for the guy doing the work. Most of the time new parts have to be made.

one of us
posted Hide Post
John if you're talking Ruger #1 then Canjar makes a trigger for it. I have one and it's a set trigger and I love it. Not cheap but great.

Posts: 44 | Location: Deer Park, WA. 99006 | Registered: 23 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NIKNMAN:
John if you're talking Ruger #1 then Canjar makes a trigger for it. I have one and it's a set trigger and I love it. Not cheap but great.

No, I'm talking about a Brno #1 -- a solid, full-size .22 LR sporter made in the '40s and '50s.

posted Hide Post
JF:

Try these:
CZforuum.com
rimfirecentral.com
geocities.com/fuzzylimey/cz452mods.html

Let us know how it works out. I want one of those BRNO .22 rifles too. Or a CZ 452.

Posts: 18 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote