Find
Notify
Tools

Dovetail to threaded hole
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted
I remember seeing an insert with a threaded hole that fits into a standard dovetail on a barrel. It converts a dovetailed cutout into a threaded hole. With it, the standard rear sight can be removed, the special insert put into the dovetail, and a new rear sight that screws on installed.

Does anyone know who offers these?

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx...DOVETAIL-SLOT-BLANKS

I suppose you could purchase and fit a piece of this into the dovetail and then drill and tap it. Should be fairly simple.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The old Williams 'Shorty' front ramp had such an insert with it when purchased new. I try to find these inserts when I can, they're handy.
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If the shorty clamp block works, I think I still have one from a ramp I recently sweated on. Let me know if you think it will work and I look for it.
Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Found it.
Don

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
That's what I was looking for. Got a spare one you might want to sell? If so, PM me.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can have it, send me your address.
Don