Notify
Tools

Help with Sako TRG-S
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted
Hmmm what luck I have..

I sent a Sako TRG-S stock to be camo dipped. The stock returned looking great. I put the action/barrel back into the stock, tightened it down and still looking good. Ahhh the last thing is the clip. What the #$%#? The piece of sheet metal or whatever the heck Sako made the thing out of is missing. It is used to retain the clip in the stock. I am going to call them tomorrow to see if they just forgot to put it back in or.....hmmm my luck...what piece of metal? Anyone know where one of these could be had for a replacement?

"In the worship of security we fling ourselves beneath the wheels of routine, and before we know it our lives are gone"--Sterling Hayden--

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za

Posts: 885 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They forgot to put it back in.

Berretta/Sako will bend you over for one.

If it doesn't turn up, let me know. I'll do pictures and measurements for you.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fireball168
posted Hide Post
I can't believe the cost of their replacement parts....

I bought a Tikka 300 WSM awhile back, the recoil lug wasn't in the stock when I took it apart.

$37.50 for the little chunk of aluminum.

Posts: 1332 | Location: IN | Registered: 30 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted Hide Post
Thanks lawndart. I may have to take you up on that. It might be cheaper to have my gunsmith here make one for me than to buy one from Sako.

"In the worship of security we fling ourselves beneath the wheels of routine, and before we know it our lives are gone"--Sterling Hayden--

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za

Posts: 885 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote