Notify
Tools

Info on gunsmith from Washington state
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of T.J.
posted
Greetings all,

I'm looking into a few rifles that are remaining from the estate of R. Jamison Jr, who is now deceased. He lived in Washington state, but I do not know the town where he kept shop. I'd be interested to hear if anyone had any experience with his work and can speak to quality. Rifles are based on Winchester pre-64 Model 70's, if that helps.

Additionally, if anyone has any personal stories about him (only positive stuff, please), I'd be interested to hear as well if you care to share. I always love those "the guy who built this rifle..." type stories and I think it would be great to keep them alive and maybe one day pass them on.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Posts: 160 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 31 July 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If R Jamison is Rick Jamison a friend of mine had several of his rifles and they appeared to be 1st rate' I know they were accurate especially his 9.3x62.

I was in Zimbabwe hunting when he died and when I got home and found out his widow had sold all of his guns and he had quite a few.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is he the same guy that wrote in the mags?

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5968 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of T.J.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:
Is he the same guy that wrote in the mags?

George

I don't think so. The author is John R. Jamison, the gunsmith I'm researching is R.L. Jamison. Both went by "Rick" though.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just spoke to the owner of Wolfe publishing. Rick is alive and well and writing for Handloader magazine.

Posts: 437 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 20 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of T.J.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave wesbrook:
I just spoke to the owner of Wolfe publishing. Rick is alive and well and writing for Handloader magazine.

This gunsmith is a different Rick Jamison. The author is indeed alive and well.