New
Find
Notify
Tools

All steel bottom metal for Remington 700
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A friend of mine has ordered the stainless detachable magazine and floor plate from HS Precision but he also wants a standard non detachable all steel bottom metal magazine for Rem 700.

The Williams web site is indicating that to use theirs he would need to get an ADL magazine and also some fitting of the floor plate to a stock.

Does anyone know where to get an all steel bottom metal for Rem that does not require fitting or ADL magazine.

Thanks.

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gsp
posted Hide Post
Most if not all after market floor plates will need fitting, including the H.S.

And most of them will not be available in S.S.

He could have a ADL magazine welded or silver soldered to a steel floor plate like a Mauser.
I'm just wondering why he would want to switch them ?

Dakota
Badger Ordinance
Williams
DD Ross
Sunny Hill

These are listed in the #55 Brownels catalog. Someone here might know were to get another brand that will drop in.
There might be little difference between the 2 if he can live with a little gap in the inletting.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
gsp,

He is not wanting to switch but rather their are two rifles involved.

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Post and APB here for Matt Williams and ask him. Or, give him a phone call. I think the phone number is on the web site www.williamsfirearms.com

Posts: 1055 | Location: Real Sasquatch Country!!! I Seen 'Em! | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
To date no one makes a drop-in replacement for a Model 700 short or long action.
We utilize the ADL magazine box because it allowed us to machine the rail of the trigger guard assembly out of thinner material, and reduced the complication of the machining so that we could keep the cost down to a reasonable limit.
That bottom metal was more or less made for McMillan several years ago while trying to upgrade their M40-A1. It kind of took off from there.

We have plans for a drop-in 700 bottom metal assembly in the near future that will be made from a drop-hammer forging. This will be used in conjunction with our line of new actions that will replicate in most ways the Remington 700. When the actions become available, we will sell the bottom metal seperately.
All of this will be somewhere around 9 months or more down the road, so I don't want to get anyones hopes up yet.

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
I'm in the middle of engraving one of Matt's triggergaurds, as we speak. It's as nice a gaurd as I have seen and at a reasonable cost.

Posts: 1633 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
triggerguard1

What has happend to the winchester/mauser style actions that you were planning to make? What kind of features does this Improved remington have?

Let us know

/ JOHAN

one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
Quote:

triggerguard1

What has happend to the winchester/mauser style actions that you were planning to make? What kind of features does this Improved remington have?

Let us know

/ JOHAN

We haven't given up on the Winchester-style receiver. It will actually be the first that we will produce, but in the process of getting that one up and going, we will also be making a Remington clone for the other spectrum of customers that are out there.
All told, we will be producing seven different action lengths an styles.
Our Remington-style receiver will be a little easier on the pocket book, retailing out at $600.00. It will drop into a factory Remington stock, use all Remington components, less a couple that weren't that good anyway and utilize the same scope mount holes and spacings.
All actions will be blueprinted and come complete with 3 position safety shrouds, custom triggers, machined stainless shrouds, M16 extractor, and our all-steel bottom metal. Bolt release will be mounted on the left side for a right-handed rifle. Clipslotting will also be available upon request.

When we have a few more details, we'll be posting all the pics and updates right here on this forum.

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I'm in the middle of engraving one of Matt's triggergaurds, as we speak. It's as nice a gaurd as I have seen and at a reasonable cost.

Thank you for the kind words Scrollcutter. Coming from someone with your expertise, that is truely a compliment. I would love to see the finish product when you get it done.
So many times we make parts and never get to see the end result of our hard work. It's always nice to admire the big picture every once in a while.

<JOHAN>
posted
Well Matt

It doesn't sound soo bad. In fact it sounds like my Ed Brown 702???

I hope you make this action with tight specifications and don't make any cut out in the side of the reciver for safety, like remington do.

I hope you flute the bolt body and makes a more elegant bolt handle than the one remington offers. Which trigger will be used??

Will this be an micro casted history??

I hope you will export this darling....

/ JOHAN