Find
Notify
Tools

Latest donor rifle Husky 640, 96Mauser?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted
Well I just found out I was the lucky bidder on a Husky model 640 (says it is a Mauser 96 ?) in 6.5x55. The gun was originally and 8x57. Comes with a Leupold 6X scope, Millet rings and bases and a leather lace on cheek pad for $326. Stock looks good like a regular Husky and blueing good, barrel is new but a new military barrel ( steps).
My intent is to re-barrel and re-stock for a .257 Roberts but we will see if I can go through with it after I get it in my hot little hands and start shooting it!
I've always wanted a 6.5 Swede but I want a 257 Bob even more.......I think...

I'd post a picture if I weren't so inept!

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
You may find this link interesting. It has a lot of good info on the 640.

http://www.pettsons.net/m640.html

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tank that is an informative site. It raises some questions for me now that I guess I can't answer unless I have that gun in my hands......ah next week!
I thought I got a good deal on it considering the Leupold on it.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Did you get it from Ken Buch, Kebco? He is a good guy.

I keep an eye on those auctions. Is it the husky 96 reciever with the High left side rail with no thump slot? I think there is alot of rare swede stuff showing up because of gun laws in sweden.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
It has a high left side rail, no slot. Got it from a guy in Missouri named Jim Whitley. It was originally an 8x57. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Snellstrom. I think those recievers are somewhat rare. enjoy!

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote