New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Anybody making these things lately?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

I've always wanted a stylish diopter sight on my rifle's cocking piece.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Funny you should ask; I have made both the one in your picture, which is the H&H version, and the Rigby one. I will take a pic of them tomorrow.

Posts: 17181 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like the H&H version the best. Let's do it.

Cerakote makes a new product that flows out to a thinner depth. It doesn't interfere with function (it has the coefficient of friction roughly equal to Teflon.). That would protect it, as well. nice sight radius, too.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Blue one is a Rigby; white one is an H&H prototype of which I only made this one but I did made some slotted blanks from which to make them.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Those look cool. Does your wife know what you are holding just one centimeter above the white carpeting.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
That is a towel.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lawndart, if you are interested in buying a sight exactly like the one in your picture, PM me. It comes complete with fitted cocking piece. These are now out of production.

Posts: 116 | Location: kamiah idaho | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Contact John McLaughlin at McLaughlin firearms in Helena Mt. He makes a beautiful rigby version that's been featured in the guild magazine

Posts: 59 | Location: anchorage | Registered: 01 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback guys. The price stings, but maybe I'll get ahead on the bills over the summer. I hope.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
What do they get for theirs?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll check.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
McLaughlin firearms in Helena Mt.

They cost $295.00 installed, in the white.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I need to start making them then if they sell for that much.

One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
I need to start making them then if they sell for that much.

Careful there big fella ! Just because they make them and advertise them doesn't mean that they actually sell any. I made up a batch of those Mosin Nagant bolt handles because I was getting 5 or 6 calls a week on them. Once I made them and guys found out that they were $260 USD installed the phone calls abruptly stopped. They obviously wanted the ATI bolt handle, glued on with Gorilla glue and sprinkled with unicorn fart glitter that made them never break off for $35 USD.

Actually I did sell two of them. But not to any of the guys who were calling. One to a guy off the street and one to one of my grenouille, gunsmith associates who wanted to install it himself on his own gun. Now that I know that he personally owns a Mosin Nagant, I shall endeavor to never again associate with that associet. Making them is a good way to get the riff raff to quit calling every second day though.

duck by Rod Henrickson, on Flickr

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
You are the most philosophical Canadian I ever saw. Actually, I have only seen two of them and they moved here 25 years ago so they are practically Americanskis. All they talk about is Crown Royal and hockey so maybe they aren't fully acclimated after all.....

one of us
posted Hide Post
When I get mine, I'll lend it to you to check it out.

Anybody want a side order of IED??

One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
You are the most philosophical Canadian I ever saw. Actually, I have only seen two of them and they moved here 25 years ago so they are practically Americanskis. All they talk about is Crown Royal and hockey so maybe they aren't fully acclimated after all.....

Hummm. They sound kind of fawked up to me. Probably if you ask, you will find that they are from Ontario or Quebec. All of those people are generally snowflakes, bunny humpers and liberals. We use them as speed bumps and filling potholes here. The only problem is that they are pretty soft and greasy so you have to pack down quite a few to be of any use. Also, when you drive over them, they make a very distinctive whining noise. It sounds like 10,000 mosquitoes buzzing around in a fish tank. Very annoying to say the least.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One of the best long drives of my life was taking my time (600 miles per day) doing the ALCAN via Montana, Alberta, nip of BC, Yukon, and over toward Tok, Alaska. One of the worst long drives I made was going northeast through Ontario and Quebec toward some salmon fishing in the maritimes, specifically, Labrador (No Newfies, thank you).

In any case, I have always enjoyed Western Canada, and had some pleasurable days hunting early season ducks and geese. I was always careful not to bruise the chest meat on the speckle bellies, and to always give the really big honkers to my buddies,,,"Nice shot Jack, look at the size of the bird you dropped..." Nothing better than young geese, nothing worse than an old honker.

I was at a medical conference fifty miles north of Vancouver at Whistler - Blackcomb mountain. Several of us were sharing a hot tub. I was able to name all the provinces, and their capitol cities from east to west; got to share a tent for a couple days...you can bet I was singing "Oh Canada..."

Care for a side order of IED with that goose, eh?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't see the cocking piece sight!

Posts: 3509 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry Duane,
That must be a short range IED.