THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    who can take off brazed front sight and telfon coat action

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

who can take off brazed front sight and telfon coat action
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
have a browning safari with salt wood. not in bad shape though. i want to take the sights off and telfon the barrel. would also like the action tuned a little. anyone know which company would take this on ....also looking laminated stock to finish it out. gfg

Posts: 66 | Location: garner n.c. usa | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check Craftguard for the barrel Teflon coat. I had my Lever Gun done in "Guard-Cote PLUS", and it looks great. Pretty decent prices too.

Posts: 355 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 09 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Any decent gunsmith can do this and I would certainly get rid of that salt wood stock...

Posts: 42156 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks alot guys,,,anyone know how the front barrel will look under the front site...will it be smooth or a milled slot or something unsightly underneath..gfg

[ 11-22-2002, 06:06: Message edited by: gfg ]

Posts: 66 | Location: garner n.c. usa | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It will be soldered I believe and some have a small screw hole, but either way is easy to hide.

Posts: 42156 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote