New
Find
Notify
Tools

Obermeyer Barrels?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone know what's up with Boots? I have been trying to get another 5R .224 7 twist for the last 3 years. Best barrel I've ever owned.

Posts: 237 | Location: Montana | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last I heard, he was still in Military contract barrels, have a friend who has been waiting on a 6mm barrel............

Posts: 369 | Location: lee' summit missouri | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sopke with Boots a couple weeks ago at a match. He is mainly concentrating on 30cal and 6mm in certain twists due to his military work load. Don't know if he is doing any .22 stuff. He has a web site now.
Greg

http://obermeyerbarrels.com/index.html

Posts: 714 | Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin | Registered: 09 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boots told me that he has all the work he can handle without doing any 22's. I have two on order, and I asked him straight up when I might get them and he told me that he has no plans on the horizon to make any.

One of Us
Picture of Chisana
posted Hide Post
I have had good luck getting 30 cal and 6.5 MM barrels from Boots. I have seen 7 MM barrels he has made, but have never actually seen one in another caliber and I have shot a lot of high power competition which is where they often turn up.

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
Distinguished Rifleman
President's Hundred

Posts: 390 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 11 January 2006Reply With Quote