Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rem. 788
 Login/Join

posted
I have a Rem. 788 in 22-250. I didn't Like the trigger so I ordered a Canjar. Big mistake..And Canjars service isn't much. They sent it back to me with the saftey not working, suppose to be a drop in trigger. When the saftey is push and if it don't off go to the right position it will relase the the firing pin. Does anybody ot there know a good gunsmith to send it to.Phone 540-674-8722 gfdawson@i-plus.net

Posts: 27 | Location: Dublin, Va. | Registered: 26 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely! Doug Shilen! Doug does a great trigger job on 788's. Yes, you'll have to send him the gun, but it'll be a quality trigger when you get it back. He adjusted the one on my 788 .243 down to a crisp 2.5 lbs. It's a night and day difference from the factory setup. I think he charged me about $45 to do the job. Can't remember for sure, but that's close.

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And if you want to do it yourself, Timney makes a reasonablly priced replacement. I also have plans and instructions for doing your own, and making it adjustable. If you want them, send me a PM. What are you going to do with the Canjar, I have one on my 6mm 788 and would like a spare. Thanks. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Would like to say thank you to the replies I got on the canjar trigger, Would Kingfisher send me the address or telephone # of Doug Shilen. Thanks

Posts: 27 | Location: Dublin, Va. | Registered: 26 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't think timney has the triggers ready to go quite yet. Midway sez some time in July.

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doug Shilen email:

comments@shilen.com

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This guy has a great rep for making your 788 trigger adjustable, for a very reasonable price.
http://www.bryantcustom.com/

Canjar promised a friend of mine a 788 trigger for 8+ months, even cashed his check. Finally gave him a refund.
If Timney ever gets theirs to market (and they have been promising a 788 trigger for several years...), Mike Bryant (link above) may lose some business....
Meanwhile, give Mike a try (all he needs is the trigger, not the action or entire rifle).

Posts: 639 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 28 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim gave the right email. Unfortunately I can't get to their website to get you a phone number because it's blocked by the proxy server here at my work, but just look for it on the website.

www.shilen.com

Regards,
Tom

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote