New
Find
Notify
Tools

PSA Express sights file?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm thinking that a few months back someone was asking about what type of file to use to file down express sights. This is from the double gun board.

"You may be thinking of the thread which I posted in November of last year. After years of searching for such a file, I happened to mention my quest to one of my deer hunting friends. The day after we returned to work, he brought me two brand new ones. His employer was kind enough to donate them to a worthy cause. [Wink] [Wink] [Wink]

The file which you are looking for is called a cantsaw file. These ones are 6" long, 11/16" wide, are single cut with a nice fine cut which appears to be either #3 or #4, and cut smoothly and beautifully. They have the 120 degree included angle which you want for express sights. Some people prefer a shallower angle like 130-135 degrees but you'll not find such a file, to the best of my knowledge. These particular files were made by:

Wood-Miller Saw & Knife Ltd.,
5570 Ambler Drive,
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, L4W 2K9.
Phone: 613-638-0244
Fax: 613-638-5616.

I'm pretty sure that Nicholson, which is now a part of Cooper Industries, makes a very similar file. They are located in the USA and may be more convenient for you to deal with, although cross-border shopping by mail is no big deal. I buy stuff out of the US like that frequently! "

Posts: 1692 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote