Find
Notify
Tools

Win. 1886 parts
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted
I have a good friend who was just diagnosed with a terminal illness(PPH)and has been given six months to live. He sent an 1886 to a gunsmith in Idaho for re-blueing; somehow the smith lost all of the parts that go in the receiver,i.e., trigger, hammer, ejectors, sites, etc. He really wants to get the project completed before he passes. Does anyone now of a parts source? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Lou

eljefe@volcano.net

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3316 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
I assume this is an original 86? Part are out there but expect to pay more for them than the value of the rifle. I always found lots of various parts at gun shows. Sorry to hear about your friend. If it were me I would go to the smith and take these parts out of his ass! Sounds a little fishy! Good luck.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How about the name of accused smith ! I sure don't want to send my guns to such an incompident person .

Posts: 497 | Location: PA | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If this is truely crucial the best and fastest method will be to find a rifle and buy the whole thing and then sell off what is leftover. I have seen a few 86's for under $1000 and just bought another 40-82 for $1400 recently. Don't expect an original sweetheart at those prices but it may be the only way to complete the job.
By the way, in my opinion, the gunsmith is going to foot the bill.

Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. He has not disclosed the name of the smith to me, but I will try to get it. In the mean time I will be looking for a donor rifle. If any of you know or come across one, please let me know. Thanks, Lou

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3316 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dr. get ahold of a Gun News rag, there are a couple of guys in there that carry parts,,or maybe contact Turnbull{sp} maybe he has a supplier

Stay Alert,Stay Alive
Niet geschoten is altijd mis

Hate of America is the defeat position of failed individuals and the failing state

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are usually lots of 86 parts on EBAY and try JoeSalter.com as they frequently have parts 86's for sale.

Posts: 234 | Location: tx | Registered: 30 September 2003Reply With Quote