New
Find
Notify
Tools

HUGE 4-Day Auction
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Poulin is having a huge auction starting tomorrow including several lots of parts and some guns that need repair (like a pair of High Standard Model 10s). Scads of old ammo, more old guns than you can shake a stick at...

Link

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 10482 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some nice stuff there. Don't forget about the 20% buyers premium....

Posts: 714 | Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin | Registered: 09 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
read closer and you will be paying at least 25%,I was going to watch some items but can't go along with this, just the principle of it.

No matter where you go or what you do there you are! Yes tis true and tis pity but pity tis, tis true.

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you can deal with the extra costs, some things went really low (face value) on Friday. $300 for an Interarms Mauser in 416 Taylor, Winchester 88's for less than $500, Browning Auto 12 for $275.

Thanks for the heads up, I picked up a couple of rifles I've always wanted but being the nerd I am, sat here with Excel up so I could calculate the prices with all of the fees! Worked well but they do move very fast!

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in. --- Greek Proverb

Posts: 714 | Location: Sorexcuse, NY | Registered: 14 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Ray:
read closer and you will be paying at least 25%,I was going to watch some items but can't go along with this, just the principle of it.

I don't know what principle you're talking about. Do you expect the seller's to bear all the costs? Do you expect the auction company to work for free?

It's been my experience that when someone says, "It's not the money, it's the principle.", it's the money.

There are very few major auctions anymore that don't charge a buyer's commission, usually 15% or more.

I put a few bids in. As broke as I am, I kind of hope I don't get them but if I do, they'll be a good deal, buyer's costs and all.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SmallCal:
If you can deal with the extra costs, some things went really low (face value) on Friday. $300 for an Interarms Mauser in 416 Taylor, Winchester 88's for less than $500, Browning Auto 12 for $275.

Thanks for the heads up, I picked up a couple of rifles I've always wanted but being the nerd I am, sat here with Excel up so I could calculate the prices with all of the fees! Worked well but they do move very fast!

I was about to quit even mentioning auctions when I noticed them, mostly I just get bitching and moaning. Glad you snagged some. What works best for me is deciding in advance my max price (considering premium) and bidding it before the live auction starts. Not unusual to get stuff at the opening bid.

They have another auction in November with a few trinkets like this. I wouldn't venture a guess what that will bring.

Posts: 10482 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeffive:

I always appreciate heads up for auctions, sales, etc. I try to post such information when I come upon it. I don't normally post the major gun auctions (Rock Island, James Julian) because they tend to be well known unless there is some particularly interesting item that might appeal to ARers.

Whether I choose to participate depends, of course, on what it is and the state of my bank account.

In this case, I bid on 6 lots, and got 4 of them. 3 pistols, and one rifle. In my case, I would consider the pistols (2 engraved Smiths, and one FA .22) final costs to be on the slightly low side, and the rifle to be a bargain. Thank you very much.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Jeffive:

I always appreciate heads up for auctions, sales, etc. I try to post such information when I come upon it. I don't normally post the major gun auctions (Rock Island, James Julian) because they tend to be well known unless there is some particularly interesting item that might appeal to ARers.

Whether I choose to participate depends, of course, on what it is and the state of my bank account.

In this case, I bid on 6 lots, and got 4 of them. 3 pistols, and one rifle. In my case, I would consider the pistols (2 engraved Smiths, and one FA .22) final costs to be on the slightly low side, and the rifle to be a bargain. Thank you very much.

Glad you did well.

one of us
posted Hide Post
As long as the costs are upfront and well known.

Not hidden in the fine print.

One just figures it into the bidding.

Posts: 19597 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote