New
Find
Notify
Tools

So...What happened??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The Madogg rifle. Where is it and what happened to it after it left my place? Anyone?

Jim

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is this one of those "don't go there" things? somebody email me if it is. I would really like to know if I screwed up or some such.

Jim

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nope,

It is in Texas. I got in a bag of 416 Taylor brass from Jamison (nice stuff BTW) from Bobby Tomeck. Thank you Bobby. I bought some Swift A-Frame bullets (350 Grains). The last piece to the puzzle for me is a Lee FC die. Then Dummy rounds (and some live ones) go off to Tip Burns.

I didn't like the dummy rounds I made out of resized 458 brass. Will was kind enough to send me some once fired 416 Taylor cases. The Jamison cases came in a few days later.

By and by Mr. slowpoke here will get the dummy (cartridges) and some ammo onto the UPS truck, and the project will once again move forward.

I (and several other fine folks) offered MADDOG the use of our rifles for this season, but he elected to use his son's 458 Win Mag.

Tune in next week.......

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MADDOG
posted Hide Post
I again can't thank everybody enough for what they are doing. What a blessing..
I leave for Fall Brown Bear camp on sept 15th. Back Oct 24th.
I will use my sons 458 as stated above... No worries here guys. I will be using the new 416 Taylor on the spring hunts. Thanks Again for everything. i will be in contact with all involved...
Marc AKA maddog.

Joshua 24:15
www.teamfaithfull.net /
My granddaughter
"Multitudes loose the sight of that which is, by setting their eyes on that which is not".

Posts: 1899 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 03 May 2001Reply With Quote